Let’s get baking! Everyone needs some comfort food every now and then right? Here is my family’s favorite chocolate chip cookies.
Fresh new series on the blog: Family Favorites. I’ll be sharing some of our top recipes I use often and figured baked goods is a great place to start since everyone loves a yummy chocolate chip cookie right? It’s taken me some time to find the perfect recipe- one that makes a big and fluffy cookie that stays soft, is chewy but isn’t doughy tasting. Before we get started with the recipe here are a few tips:
•Use parchment paper on your baking sheets
•Roll them big! Think large tablespoons or quarter cup style instead of teaspoons
•Let sit for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them over to your cooling racks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does. What are some of your family favorite cookies? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Looking for another great recipe? Try my favourite Homemade Bread Recipe
Pin the image below to save and enjoy later!